Sunday, February 20, 2011

Turning Twenty....Again


From my original stash of 20 fabrics for $37.00


I cut out my pieces for 30 blocks and stacked them in piles. That took some time and planning to utilize my fabric in the best possible way. I have plenty left over for other projects. Woo-hoo!


I laid all my pieces into sets of blocks that had no repeating fabrics. It took my best concentration to keep them all organized and in order. (For some reason I couldn't get this photo rotated, sorry).


Here is one block laid out before sewing. I started with the four squares in the upper left corner first and added the rectangle below to make section A. Then I sewed the three blocks in the upper right corner for section B and the three blocks in the bottom to form section C. I sewed A to B and added C at the bottom. 


I ended up with a 16 1/2"x16 1/2" block that looked like this. You can see I didn't actually sew section B the way I had first laid it out. I should have sewed it to the opposite side of the black fabric (oops!) I also turned it clockwise a few times.


Here is another block I did where I flipped the A section upside-down. In some blocks I turned the C section upside-down as well.


Here are 15 of my 30 blocks laid out on the air hockey table. It's coming along rather nicely.

Carolyn "Care Bear" King

No comments:

Post a Comment