Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pasta Salad in the Wintertime

I love to eat seasonal foods. I like berries in the springtime, salads and ice cream in the summer, apple recipes and harvest veggie dishes in the fall, and soups, stews, and chili in the winter months. But sometimes I crave the memories of the foods I eat at a different time of the year than I'm in. Today I yearned pasta salad. I'm going to a potluck dinner and needed to bring a dish to pass, so I picked up some tri-colored spiral pasta, red onions, broccoli, pepperoni, and cheese. I had Italian dressing and marinated artichokes in the fridge. I also found some carrots to add to the mix. I like to soak my veggies in the dressing before I toss with the pasta, so they each get a good taste of flavor. Here's a picture of my creation, ready for the main event.

Carolyn "Care Bear" King

No comments:

Post a Comment