Friday, February 11, 2011

The "Eyes" Have It


OK, NOW they look like adorable little crabs! I think they're so cute. They look at you from all directions, just like Mona Lisa's eyes. Just try this: move your body to the left or the right, and you will always see a crab staring you down.

With the border completed, the top is finally finished. Now I'm off to the store to purchase some batting. I'll also be planning a creative backing for this quilt. I've been inspired by other quilt photos I've seen on-line. I'm also going to be doing free-motion quilting for the first time. Wish me luck!


Here is the small wall hanging I'm making for a gift. I ran out of button eyes, so I'll be picking them up from the store as well. Busy, busy, busy.

Carolyn "Care Bear" King

1 comment:

  1. I love your crab wall hangings. I saw the kit in my local quilt shop yesterday, but it was a bit pricey. I'm ordering the pattern directly from Annie's site. I've never done paper piecing, so I plan on learning with this project. Any tips? Great job!

    ReplyDelete